I wrote a govePIE-script which converts the data of a USB-Joypad into MIDIdata. So you can fire patterns in your sequencer-software by pressing the buttons and squirl filters and effekts with the 2 analog sticks.
Here is a short describtion:
- ALL DATA send on midichannel 3
- 40 BUTTONS (4 Scenes a 10 Buttons)
- buttons send a single midinote when pressed* -ideal for fire patterns in Ableton LIVE
- scene selection: press and hold button 5 / 6 / 5+6 / none (left front)
- buttons: 1-4 (right top), 7-8 (right front), cooliehat (left top)
*(read scene comments for details)
- ANALOG STICKS got 2 modes (independent from the button scene selection):
- button 9 (left stick) or 10 (right stick) pressed*:
- x-axis (left-right) 0-127 (CC 99 / CC 20)
- y-axis (bottom-top) 0-127 (CC 100 / CC 21)
* if you release the button,the value holds the last position until pressed again
- normal (no button pressed):
- x-axis (left-right) 0-127 (CC 96 / CC 22)
- y-axis (middle-top) 0-127 * (CC 97 / CC 23)
- y-axis (middle-bottom) 0-127 * ** (CC 98 / CC 24)
* (done that way to get a defined zero at middle position)
**(this value tends to stuck… move stick slowely or even dont use it! damn bug)
This script might be quite complex, to get a huge output from the few buttons and analog sticks, but it is really easy to handle and ergonomic….
And – if you want to make some changes – the script is easily to edit….
You can download the script here.